Ms. Snehlata Ji
Born in Ajamgarh, U.P. Ms. Snehlata ji comes from a family where music is a way of life. At the age of five, she was first exposed to musical training which began under the loving discipline of her father and guru Pt. Dinanath Mishra (Classical Vocalist).Calcutta, Disciple of Lt.Pt Rakhai Mishra and Chinmoy Lahiri of Banaras Gharana.
- Arya Samaj, Kolkata, Yuva Shikhar (Nirala Puruskar).
- Yuva Shikhar Samman, Bharat Vikas Parishad, West Bengal.
- Pukar 2001 Pachisia Academy Kolkata.
- she is a Great Artist From All India Radio & Doordarshan New Delhi.
Pt. Geetesh Mishra Ji
Gharana: Banaras-Agra (Hindustani Vocal- Classical & Light)
- M.A (music)- in Indian music of Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh. Passed with 1st division in 2001.
- “Sangit Praveen” ( M. Mus) – in Indian music of Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad. Passed with 1st division in 1998.
- Currently working with The ARDEE school, Gurgaon.
- Worked with the Scottish High International School, Gurgaon as Indian Music Teacher since the school started i.e. from March 2005 till June 2009, Where I have attended workshops and seminars related to PYP led by Mr Morrey, Mrs Hamidah, Mr & Mrs Mustafi, Mrs Rohini, Mrs Vijaylaxmi, Mrs Nichol etc from time to time.
Pt. Ganesh Shankar Mishra
Born in the house of noted tabla exponent Pt. Jaddu Maharaj Ji (Grand Father) of Banaras Gharana. He comes from a family where music is a way of life. At the age of 8 years, he started Tabla training by Tabla Maestro, his father, and Guru Pt. Jagdish Kumar Mishra, a disciple of Pt. Kishan Maharaj Ji of Banaras Gharana.
He completed Visharad in tabla from Bhatkhande, Lucknow. Tabla Prabhakar from Allahabad and B.Mus. in tabla from Khairagarh University, Chhattisgarh. He has participated in a number of Competitions, winning them all by maintaining Ist Positions.
In 1992, he got the first position in Tabla from Sangeet Natak Academy, Lucknow.
In 2007, he achieved National Talent Senior Scholarship for 2 years by the Ministry of Culture (Govt. of India.) New Delhi. At Present, he is an Instrumental and Tabla Instructor in Sardar Patel Vidhyalaya New Delhi, since 2008.
Completed her education in Dehradun and is a computer Instructor but her Keen interest in dance has changed her way toward Kathak.
After getting married to Pt. Ganesh Shankar Mishra of Banaras Gharana got a golden opportunity to learn and explore her dance.
She has completed her diploma from Prayag Sangeet Samiti and continuing her Bachelor’s Degree under the guidance of Sharda Mishra (Gold Medalist from Kheragarh University and disciple of Padam Vibhushan Pt. Birju Maharaj Ji.)
She has participated in a number of dance Competitions, winning them all, and also participated in Dance India Dance On Nov’ 10.
Now she is a Dance Instructor and Programme Co-ordinator at JMS Sangeet Academy. She is glad to inform you that with the support of Pt. Jay Shankar Mishra and Pt. Ganesh Shankar Mishra has opened a new center of JMS Sangeet Academy in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
A Gold Medalist International Kathak Dancer was born in the house of noted table exponent Pt. Jaddu Maharaj(Grand Father) of Banaras Gharana. She Comes from a family where music is the way of life.
At the age of five, she was first exposed to Dance training by Tabla Maestro her Father & Guru Pt. Jagdish Kumar Mishra (Laali Maharaj) and her uncle Pt. Prabhu Shankar Mishra (Kathak Dancer). After that she received her training under the tutelage of the Late Dr. Madhukar Anand of Lucknow Gharana, Presently she is pursuing greater heights under the tutelage of Internationally reputed, “Padma Vibhushan” Pt. Briju Maharaj, the Deyon of the Lucknow Gharana.
She completed her bachelor’s degree from Bhatkhande, Lucknow, and her Master’s Degree from Khairagarh University, Chattisgarh in the style of Lucknow Gharana.
- In 2009 Achieved the “Srinagar Mani” Award by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- In 2007-09 Achieved “NationTalent Senior Scholarship” for 2 Years by HRD Ministry, Govt. Of India, Delhi.
- In 2008 Recipient “Gold Medal” in M.A. in “Dikshant Samaroh” by P.M. ESL Narasimhan at Indira Kala Sangeet WishwaVidhyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh.
- In 2007 Recipient of 1st position in State Level Competition in “Yuva Mahotsav”, Dehra dun, UA.
- In 1999 Recipient 1st Prize in Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Academy, Lucknow, U.P.
- Worked as Kathak teacher-cum- performer at Indian Cultural Centre, Male’Maldives under ICCR (Indian Cultural Council Relations) Delhi under Indian Government from Oct.2011toJan2014.